Building a home based business is not an easy task, there will be bumps along the road. Most people will quit before they see success. Why is that? Well, they fail to do the hard work in the beginning of their business.
My wife posted this picture on facebook this morning. Part of my reason to succeed in my home business is so she can continue to pour her energy in to our kids. She is a stay at home mom and I’m so thankful that she does not have to spend time during the day earning income for our family. Instead, she is spending her time investing in our children and their growth and development.
This picture causes me to get the vapors a little bit. I’m so thankful to God that He is blessing my online income and allowing Kate to continue to be at home with Caleb & Lydia. My family, that is one of my REAL reasons to continue succeeding in my home based business. It’s what drives me to keep on keepin on even when things do not go exactly like I want them to.
You know what I mean don’t you?
You run on ad and it doesn’t result in very many opt-ins and zero sales.
You send an email to your list and people unsubscribe and a few of them tell you to F off (happy days!)
You continue to blog but see very little traffic in the beginning stages
Your family asks you if you are still doing that “internet thing” and you can tell that they think it is silly.
Without a REAL reason to build your home based business, those things might cause you to quit. Not me. The kids in the picture above are worth the time I invest in building my business online. You know what the hardest work is in my business? Working on myself. Here’s a couple of quotes that I’ve been allowing God to work me over with lately with regards to mindset.
When you want something you have never had, you must do something you have never done.
Here’s another good one.
To change your life, you need to change.
Are you working on yourself right now? Are you taking the time to do the work in your mind so that you have good stuff to bring to your potential and existing team? If you are not growing you are dying. 99% of the work for your home business is done by doing the following.
1. Set a clear outcome that you want to achieve.
2. Decide you are going to do whatever it takes to succeed in that outcome. You may have to adjust the strategy along the way, but you will get there.
Once you have a clear outcome and decided to succeed, you have literally done 99% of the work. That is the hard part. Most people never take those steps and continue to fail.
So, what’s your REAL reason to succeed in your business? I would really love to hear about it in the comments below.
Looking for Christian employment opportunities in the Dallas Ft Worth area? I’m currently in the process of both hiring and empowering Christians to create a part time income and for some full time income through empowering them to use their existing giftedness and passions and create an income online.
I recently did a couple of posts about this that you can see below.
You should go checkout either of those pages to learn more about what I’m talking about. If you are solely interested in part time income by working for a Christian company or person, then comment below with the best contact information and I will reach out to you about what positons I’m currently looking for.
Requirements for Christian employment for Jeremy:
1. Have a computer with internet access.
2. Have at least 5 hours a week to work for me.
3. Ability to follow instructions.
4. Open to learning and improving.
5. Committed to getting the job done on time, every time.
If that sounds like you, leave me a comment below with your contact information and I’ll reach out to you asap.
I wanted to comment on some of the what and why of this 90 day challenge.
1. Blog and/or create a video or piece of content on this blog, my EN blog or youtube every day for 90 days.
2. Share this content with my list on a consistent basis in effort for those who read my emails to understand what I’m all about and what I desire to help them with.
3. Increase my income. Yes, I’m not just doing this for fun, I believe that as I consistently create online real estate and serve others by adding value from what I’m already passionate about, that my income will rise over time.
4. Improve my communication skills.
5. Improve my copy writing skills.
6. Help 3-5 people make more income or sales than they’ve ever made before in a months time.
7. Completely form some specific intentions and solidify right thinking, right decisions and right actions toward those intentions.
Those are just a few of the things that come to mind. I’ll continue to update as I grow and complete these goals for this challenge. Thanks for hanging on with me. Subscribe to my blog if you’d like to receive updates.
Are you a follower of Jesus Christ? Would you say that you’ve trusted Him for the forgiveness of your sin and are following Him as Lord of your life? Are you trying to figure out what to think about Empower Network? Thanks for taking the time to figure out if Empower Network is an appropriate business for a Christian.
Why would I even write this post?
There are many people, some Christians included, that believe that Empower Network is a company not worth joining because of the fact that the founders Dave Wood and Dave Sharpe cuss or use foul language from time to time on their conference calls, sales videos and even training. I’ll admit that this stood out to me the first time I looked at Empower Network as a potential business opportunity. The question remains though, is this a reason to avoid this business when you claim to be a follower of Jesus?
Why some Christians are not joining Empower Network
1. They are offended by foul language.
2. They don’t like the focus on making money.
3. They think Dave Wood should put on some shoes
1. Language – I’m personally not offended when someone uses foul language. There is nothing about someone cussing that causes me to struggle in my relationship with the Lord. I’m not a fan of when someone take’s the Lord’s name in vain or uses JC as a explicative instead of as a name, but I think language is neutral. It means whatever you apply to it. If you are convicted about not using foul language and you believe that if you hear it from time to time it will cause you to stumble, you might not want to join Empower Network. You also might not need to leave your house, watch TV, have a job, etc…
2. Money – Money is also neutral in my opinion. Love of money is an issue. Some have made money their god and they put all their hope on having more of it. If you are a Christian and money is a constant idol in your life, you may not want to join Empower Network because part of it is a business focused on empowering people to make extra income. Extra income may honestly be the last thing you need if this is a struggle for you.
3. Shoes – Was just joking about this, but unfortunately some people have a funny idea of how a person dresses being connected in some way to their relationship with God. I’m not talking about inappropriate dress that might cause someone to struggle with a sexual sin. So, if you have some weird foot fetish and the sight of David Wood’s feet make you struggle, you should probably stay away. I’ve heard he goes barefoot at events too.
Why would a Christian consider joining Empower Network?
1. Good stewardship – Empower Network pays 100% commissions to their affiliates. That is not even close to the norm for the direct sales or network marketing industry. A person can have life changing income with the smallest amount of people in their group when compared to almost every other company out there. See the income disclaimer on the website though! If a Christian is determined to build an income online, would their time be better spent sponsoring 10 people in to a network marketing company that may or may not cover the cost of their business and product or would they be better off putting 10 people in to Empower Network and being in profit after the first person? From a stewardship of time and resources perspective, Empower Network could be a wise decision for the Christian home based business owner.
2. Personal development – One of the main products in Empower Network focuses on personal development. If a person develops right thinking, usually right decisions and right actions will follow. Just like a Christian should always be growing more intimate in their relationship with Christ, growth in other areas of life is necessary too. If a person believe’s that it is God’s will for them to create extra income using the internet, they should probably be plugged in to information that will help them do just that.
3. Serving others – David Wood and David Sharpe set out to create a company that they would want to join. In fact, they are affiliates themselves and build the business right alongside other affiliates. They saw too many examples of greedy company owners changing things around to serve the owner instead of the distributor. Empower Network was created to serve the affiliate and those they would share the opportunity with. A large focus of the training is centered around serving others by adding value to their lives. Those who serve the most people are usually the ones who see the most return financially.
4. Be yourself – The foundational product of Empower Network is the blogging system. A person can literally blog about anything they are passionate about. If they want to teach Bible studies using their blog, they can. If they want to help others who are struggling as a parent or in their marriage with their blog posts, they can. A person can literally blog about what they care about, and because of the power of the website as a whole, they will have a much better chance of being ranked on the first pages of a search in the major search engines. There is no discrimination in Empower Network. If you don’t like to use foul language or talk about money on your blog, that’s great. You should focus on what you enjoy and you will attract those of like mind.
So now what?
Well, if you a Christian who is interested in making extra income using the internet are not afraid of serving others while doing it, I would love to help you do that.
CLICK HERE to learn more about Empower Network and/or join Jeremy today!
I’m personally using Empower Network to share my passions with the world as well as build a strong income in the least amount of time. Time with my wife and kids, time serving in ministry and time focused on my own growth as a Christian are high values in my life. Empower Network allows me to grow income without sacrificing all my time for the sake of the business. This is a common struggle for some in this industry.
Christian or not, what do you think? Should a Christian avoid Empower Network all together? Leave your comments below, I’m curious to know what you think.
What is it that you want? You need to have a clear picture of what you want. You need to be deeply tied to whatever the outcome you desire. You need to have deep reasons that touch on your values for what you want. Most people don’t usually move much beyond their current circumstances b/c they have no reason too. They just believe these are the cards they’ve been dealt and they just have to “grin and bear it”.
2. Have a strategy.
You must have a strategy of some kind to start working toward your intention. You don’t have to know the exact path right off the bat, but you must have a plan of action of some kind. If you just have intention but take no action toward it with some type of strategy, you’ll just be spinning your wheels.
Plan Your Work and Work Your Plan
This is so easy if you really think about it. Identify what you want. Start working toward what you want with a strategy or plan.
3. Keep it simple.
If your strategy or plan is not simple to follow, you will end up failing to continue on the path to your intention. You have to keep the strategy simple in order to maintain daily action with the strategy. Too many people sabotage themselves at this point by trying to find the perfect way to do something and they get caught in a cycle of searching or researching instead of choosing a simple strategy and doing what we see in the next step.
4. Take Action
Have a vision? Have a strategy that is simple on how to get there? Great, but you are not done. You must take action toward that goal with the strategy you’ve chosen. Many like to say you must take massive action. Massive action is good if you desire to reach your intention quickly. One thing you should absolutely remember when taking massive action is that you will have to adjust along the way. As you begin to take action on your strategy, you’ll find that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. When it doesn’t, consider that feedback and adjust accordingly.
Do you know what you want?
Do you have a simple strategy to get there?
Are you taking action?
Please leave a comment below with any questions you have about this simple strategy. I’d also love to hear about your intentions. Part of truly connecting with what you want is making it public. Go ahead and do that right now in the comments below! I believe in you and love you.
This is going to be a really short post. I was listening to an inner circle audio last night from the system that I use for extra income online. The speaker mentioned how those who are successful have a clear vision of where they are heading, but sometimes along the way they will make mistakes.
He said something like – you make a mistake, adjust a little. Make another mistake, adjust and keep going. Mistake – adjust. Mistake – adjust.
He may not have used those words exactly and many don’t even like to use a word like mistake, but it’s true. Those who reach their vision or goals usually do so by making many mistakes along the way. The journey is rarely linear from zero to the goal.
Although I do absolutely believe that you can make less detours or mistakes by learning from those who have gone before you and already made the mistakes. You can avoid those by walking where they’ve walked and avoiding the pitfalls they experienced. Will you still mess up? Of course, but you will minimize this by following those who have succeeded in what you desire to succeed in.
Interested in personal development and learning from those who have already made mistakes and are now successful? Click on the picture below for more info about this exceptional audio program.
Emailed my post from yesterday that I received some coaching on. Will post that google hangout coaching session soon. Generated new leads and had several good interactions with top leaders in the industry. Great day and greater days ahead!
Have you ever looked back on a decision that you should have made and realized that you totally messed up? If you would have taken the correct action in that decision your current reality could be really different than it is now? Stinks doesn’t it?
Back in 2007 I stumbled on to ranking an ugly web page for a review I wrote about an online business opportunity. What the company was marketing was not the whole truth, which I only discovered after joining. I knew very little about creating websites and ZERO about things like SEO and how to rank a page. I just wrote about what I had experienced and how it was not completely what it was advertised to be. Ever had that experience when joining a business?
What happened after I put up that article was nothing short of amazing. I had thousands of visits to my website and people began to email me and thank me for my honest review and saving them from joining another online scam. In fact, that review received tens of thousands of visits over the next several years. I found that I could advertise another opportunity or affiliate products on that ONE web page and make some pretty good income.
Did you hear that? I made thousands of dollars in affiliate commissions and people joining me in business from that one article. Later on I did the same thing with another company that I never joined. I just had a friend who was in that business and she wrote the review, I put up the UGLY website and the same thing happened again. Thousands of people began to visit that website. This time I allowed google to advertise on this page and I literally started making hundreds of dollars a month from google alone. I also made affiliate sales and had others join my business.
These two web pages resulted in over 100 people joining a primary business with me. In fact, the company paid $100 for every 5 people I enrolled in a week. There were months I made $500 in bonuses just as a result of these 2 UGLY websites.
I had stumbled on to something back in 2007 that literally would have the ability to set me free financially. The leverage of online real estate was a reality that I had the privilege of experiencing and would change everything, right?
Here’s where the other shoe drops. Do you know what I did? Can you guess how I reacted to this powerful opportunity to leverage online real estate for my financial benefit and the benefit of others?
I DID NOTHING
That’s right, I did nothing with this powerful knowledge. I remained complacent with the knowledge and skill that I had acquired and did nothing to take advantage of it beyond the 2 ugly web pages. I cost my family hundreds of thousands of dollars of income because I didn’t move forward with what I had discovered.
I should have taken massive action with this knowledge and started to create hundreds, even thousands of pieces of online real estate.
Let’s fast forward to today. I recognized my mistake and am now taking massive action by building a portfolio of online real estate. In many ways, this is SO MUCH EASIER than it was back in 2007.
You can take a simple blogging system, write short posts about the things you are interested in and leverage that online real estate in to income for you and your family.
Did you hear that? A system that allows you to create information that you are already interested in and make income from it? It’s 100% possible and easier than ever. The only thing that is preventing you from profiting from online real estate is YOU.
I understand, I’ve been there. I was complacent for years and needed the help of a team of people and good system to move me from complacency in to action. Like minded people who knew they wanted something different than the status quo and helped me to develop a vision for my future and a clear set of instructions to get there. I’m thankful to God that He allowed me to learn from my mistake.
How about you?
Do you remember a decision or lack of action that cost you a lot years later? Something probably came immediately to mind and brought a bit of pain along with it. What’s so incredible is that you can take that experience, learn from it and move on toward what you know you need to do going forward.
I believe in you, you can do it.
Now go and do it!
Surround yourself with people who will support your dream and hold you accountable to get there!